1.20.2009

this is it

thank you, god! it changes Today.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. Never again can we afford to live with the narrow, provincial "outside agitator" idea. Anyone who lives inside the United States can never be considered an outsider anywhere within its bounds....Let us all hope that the dark clouds of racial prejudice will soon pass away and the deep fog of misunderstanding will be lifted from our fear drenched communities, and in some not too distant tomorrow the radiant stars of love and brotherhood will shine over our great nation with all their scintillating beauty."



with hope in my eyes and heart....

xoxox

2 comments:

J said...

Together we welcome this new day with hope for truth in the name "United" States. :)
Did you get to watch the inauguration?

Well anyway, Yes I would love to read some of your work. I'm working on becoming more of a reader than I actually am. :) Anyway, if you would like you can send me stuff at my e-mail. well take care, have a great day and thanks for all of your comments.

Mr. James said...

Being out of work, I was able to watch TV most of the day and am proud to be an American for the first time in a long time. It's been 40 years since I stood in downtown Rochester NY at a peace rally, holding hands and singing "black and white together" from We Shall Overcome.

Of course, if BHO creates those 2.5 million jobs and I find one, I won't be able to watch his re-election in 2012!

Lova ya, dude. Shoot me an email re SUP.